Paintings by Tom Wright

Paintings by Tom Wright
The Three and One (Fragment)

Friday, September 15, 2006

September 15th, 2006

#1 Liza





#2 Liza Reflected


Today I was reminded, by Liza, of "pouring". I used to do only poured paint pieces very similar to the above... I reminded her that I still do pour... I just mess around in it more. Occasionally I do something very vaguely reminding me of Philip Guston. Liza said that the pours look all the same no matter who does them (I stole the idea from Flynn, he probably got it from someone else) Artists have been looking into puddles since the beginning of time, as far as I can tell, and if you study the way one artist pours and from another... you can see that, if they have made it beyond the experimental stage, they are using it as a tool and the results are vastly different. I will try to get a link to some of Flynn's pours in here... they are exceptional in my opinion.

No comments: